Your involvement in your child’s education is crucial. Research has shown when parents get involved in their children’s education, children are more likely to do better in school, be better behaved, have more positive attitudes toward school, and grow up to be more successful in life.
That’s pretty remarkable!
To all our parents…here are some ways to get involved at Child’s Voice:
- Begin the year by attending our Curriculum Night and getting to know your child’s teachers. Yes, there is more than one teacher/therapist that works with your child throughout the day.
- Attend our events. Child’s Voice has school events during the day like hot pizza lunch and Halloween parades. We also host our Gala (Nov.7), Golf Outing (June 6) and Family Reunion (April).
- Read our social media posts from our website to Facebook and everything in between. One of the easiest ways to stay in the loop is to read the notes in your child’s backpack.
- Attend our Parent Association meetings. These are held the last Wednesday of most months following hot lunch (at about 1:30 p.m.). You can also call in on our conference line to participate. These meetings give you a good chance to talk with other parents and to work together to improve the programs.
- Volunteer at Child’s Voice. During hot lunch, we seek volunteers to supervise the students. Many times we also need extra hands at recess. Or even better come sit beside your child’s teacher and learn how to best promote learning beyond the classroom.
- Volunteer to help from home. You can make phone calls to other parents or make games as directed by your teacher. Or just practice and reinforce what’s happening in the classroom or during speech.
Your involvement helps support your child’s school success! I’m looking forward to seeing you!